Improve The Quality Of Life
To improve the quality of life requires regular physical activity, research indicates.
Benefits of regular physically activity :-
- helps you look young and healthy;
- keeps your body in top shape and provides you with the energy and stamina you need to pursue all your interests;
- perhaps, most importantly, it can improve the quality of life;
- in addition, it gives you that well-shaped body and posture that exudes confidence and enthusiasm for life;
- it fortifies the immune system and helps you avoid, or recover more quickly from, colds and other minor ailments;
- it can also help prevent, and in some cases reverse, many chronic conditions associated with aging such as coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, some cancers, arthritis, osteoporosis, and depression.
Without Regular Physical Activity
If you are inactive:-
- you lose muscle tone and strength;
- your bones lose density making them fragile and prone to the debilitating fractures of osteoporosis;
- if you are also overweight, you could be adding stress to both your heart and your skeletal support structure while increasing your risk for coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
How Exercise Works For You
Regular exercise helps to burn fat, build muscle and restore bone strength. As muscle and bone take up their support positions, the strain on your cardio-vascular, respiratory and skeletal systems is decreased. The efficiency of your heart and lungs increases and the energy formerly used to simply maintain your body, can now be available for other pleasurable activities.
Add bending and stretching exercises to your routine, and you can regain some youthful elasticity by increasing your joint mobility and range of motion while relieving back and joint pain.
A Confidence Booster
Attending to your health and appearance gives you a sense of control, and just getting started on a physical fitness program will make you feel better about yourself. The energy you gain as you increase your strength and flexibility will spill over into other areas of your life, allowing you to enthusiastically pursue your favorite activities.
As you work towards your goals you'll find your self-esteem and confidence growing. You'll manage your stress better and develop an increasingly positive outlook on life.
The Bottom Line
Our bodies were designed to respond to physically demanding situations. When you put physical activity back into your life you are dipping into the Fountain of Youth.
You can become fit and trim, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, relieve fatigue and anxiety, minimize pain, and regain the youthful enthusiasm and energy you need to live life to the fullest. You will not only feel younger, you will look younger, live longer and improve the quality of your life.